Friday, September 05, 2008
The first half of this week was a blur of errands and tasks as I plunged headfirst into the many volunteer projects that I'm juggling this year. The strange photo to my right is part of the "Double Dutch" bar in the Dutch NSU (National Support Unit) here on base. Each country has a NSU. Some are just an office. Some are purely administrative. And some, like the Dutch one, have full bars and party rooms. I particularly like the strange wooden shoe/let/head hat rack on the right.

Being on the base a lot for meetings means that I'm around more to have lunch with the girls and take photos for the yearbook which I'm doing again this 3rd and final year. Arianna is posing between her friends, Martina and Gavin. Martina is a new Italian student this year getting a crash coarse in English, but doing better every day.

Tuesday night I baked blueberry muffins, a treat I took to the first IWC board meeting of the year and the first one I've led as president. The meeting went well and I'm really excited about the possibilities this year.

I used a recipe that I got from a friend in Oklahoma years ago. And they were good - not too sweet.

Blueberry Hill Muffins - from Hope

Ingredients:
2 eggs beaten
1 c. milk
2 T. melted butter
1 1/5 c. brown sugar
3 c. flour
2 T. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
4 T. flour
3 c. blueberries (I used frozen)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425 F.
Mix eggs, sugar, and milk. Then add melted butter.
Sift together dry ingredients and combine with wet mixture.
Toss blueberries lightly in flour, then gently fold them into the batter.
Grease and flour muffin pans, then fill them 2/3 full.
Bake at 425 F for 12-15 minutes. Test with toothpick.
(I like to sprinkle a little coarse sugar onto the tops before baking)

0 comments:

About Me

Subscribe to this blog!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

I LOVE MOO! Creative.

TW on FB

Quotes to consider...

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
-Albert Einstein

What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose."

-- Henry Ward Beecher

It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped. -- Anthony Robbins

We don't stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing. -- George Bernard Shaw

An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered. -- GK Chesterton


The creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

For most of history, Anonymous was a woman. -- Virginia Woolf

A friend is someone who will help you move. A real friend is someone who will help you move a body. -- anon

The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. -- Paul Fix

For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry. For beautiful hair, let a child run his fingers through it once a day. For poise, walk with the knowledge you’ll never walk alone … The best thing to hold onto in life is each other. ~Audry Hepburn

I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it. -- Thomas Jefferson