Thursday, February 15, 2007
No, I didn't get any photos of my cute kids shoving candy in their mouths like I starve them, but they did all have parties today. Arianna and Luci have been making very cute lollipop valentines for a week, so they took those into school today with candy to share. I didn't have to bake for these parties, so that makes me happy.

Luci came home with a shoebox overflowing with Valentine's and candy. The best Valentine: A 8" heart-shaped balloon on a stick with the message handwritten on it. (That mom does have too much time.) Her least original: one of the 4 Barbie princess valentines that were identical.

Arianna came home with a very cute paper plate pouch with yarn woven through it so that she could hang in around her shoulders like a mailman's bag. It was covered in hearts and also overflowed with valentines. The most original was the 3D bug made with a smarties candy body and pipe cleaner wings and legs. Her least original was the barbie princess valentine that Luci got 4 of. They had ice cream sundaes at school, so that was fun and better than the traditional boxed cupcake mix.

Tiara told me on the 13th after school that she needed to make Valentines. That was in addition to her homework, the yearbook meeting, and her ballet class. So, I bought gummi bears and printed labels to put on the little packages. "Happy Valentine's Day 2007 From: Tiara" I could tell that other parents were just as irritated. It IS 6th grade. They don't care. One kid gave out bags of chips - no tag or sticker... just chips. Good for them.

Now I have to gear up for the Carneval parties that Tiara and Luci will have tomorrow. I kinda think that may be there should be a 1 party a week limit at school! 2 in one week? Too much.

0 comments:

About Me

Subscribe to this blog!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

I LOVE MOO! Creative.

TW on FB

Quotes to consider...

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
-Albert Einstein

What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose."

-- Henry Ward Beecher

It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped. -- Anthony Robbins

We don't stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing. -- George Bernard Shaw

An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered. -- GK Chesterton


The creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

For most of history, Anonymous was a woman. -- Virginia Woolf

A friend is someone who will help you move. A real friend is someone who will help you move a body. -- anon

The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. -- Paul Fix

For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry. For beautiful hair, let a child run his fingers through it once a day. For poise, walk with the knowledge you’ll never walk alone … The best thing to hold onto in life is each other. ~Audry Hepburn

I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it. -- Thomas Jefferson