Saturday, June 16, 2007
So, I had three extra girls last night. One left this morning. The other two stayed until 4 when I dropped them off with Tiara at another birthday party at the bowling ally. Then Tiara came home with me after bowling so she and I could have some mother/daughter time, the other two girls went to a movie with the party, then came back to our house at 11:30pm to stay another night.

Bowling was interesting. Two girls had some misunderstanding which led to not-talking-together, then tears, so, I, being the former yearbook advisor and knowing them all, met them all in the girls' bathroom (amazing how many emotional moments happen there), to give them a talk about friendship, then make them work it out until they were all hugging again. It worked, and soon they were all smiling again, having a messy soap bubble fight, then stacking themselves into this human pyramid.

Ok... so, this wasn't my party, but it was fun. We all watched "Can't Buy Me Love" together and stayed up until 0130 talking. At 1230, Monica thought she heard thunder, so I, realizing that it wasn't thunder, jumped up and ran to the dining room, then jumped out the window (sounds strange, but our front door automatically locks when it closes and our large window does not) and ran to the bus stop where I could see the large fireworks display from the base over the trees. This display was advertised as the largest in Europe this year. The girls all ran after me with blankets and we stood there for about 25 minutes watching the show. It was goofy, but fun and the girls won't forget it.

I'm really blessed with Tiara. Yeah, I have to be a mom and nag her to do her chores, but we are friends too. Seeing her friends reminds me how lucky I am to be able to say that. She and I talk, openly and honestly about things. We laugh and have fun together. Her friends were shocked that I'd jump out a window and watch fireworks at the bus-stop, but it was one of those moments. Later we all just sat and talked together. It felt great to be a part and I think it was good for those girls too.

0 comments:

About Me

Subscribe to this blog!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

I LOVE MOO! Creative.

TW on FB

Quotes to consider...

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
-Albert Einstein

What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose."

-- Henry Ward Beecher

It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped. -- Anthony Robbins

We don't stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing. -- George Bernard Shaw

An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered. -- GK Chesterton


The creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

For most of history, Anonymous was a woman. -- Virginia Woolf

A friend is someone who will help you move. A real friend is someone who will help you move a body. -- anon

The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. -- Paul Fix

For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry. For beautiful hair, let a child run his fingers through it once a day. For poise, walk with the knowledge you’ll never walk alone … The best thing to hold onto in life is each other. ~Audry Hepburn

I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it. -- Thomas Jefferson