Tuesday, June 19, 2007
Warning: This post does not contain any tidbits of German culture nor pieces of European quirkiness. It may; however, gush just a tad with a mother's pride. My little girl is growing up.

This morning I attended the awards assembly at Tiara's school where she graced the stage not one, nor two, but three times. For her class, she received the Leadership award - the second year now that her teachers have chosen her as the class leader in spite of her quietness. For academics, she received straight A's again this quarter earning an honor roll award for academic achievement all quarters this year. Then, she got the President's Education Award for Outstanding Academic Excellence, an award for 6th grade students who maintain a 3.5 or higher all quarters from 4th grade through 6th grade. It's a beautiful gold embossed certificate with a letter from President Bush. So, she's on her way to a greatness and we're already making notes on her volunteer hours and awards for college applications and scholarships down the road.

Tonight we attended Tiara's 6th grade promotion ceremony. The class sung two songs - Our Lives by The Calling and Proud To Be an American. They had a brief guest speaker, received their certificates of promotion, and per tradition, 6 students were chosen to read their poems entitled, "Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow." Tiara read hers aloud at the podium with confidence and poise.

Afterwards we enjoyed cake and fellowship. The kids ran around smiling and taking pictures. One of Tiara's best friends is moving away, so the moment for her was bittersweet.

Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow
By: Tiara Stahlbaum

Y
es, I remember what it was like

Everyday having nothing to do but play,

Starting school and always being

Terrified on my first day,

Excelling in everything having my

Responsibilities growing,

Dreaming greatly about the future, and

Always wanting to grow up, but that was

Yesterday when I was young.

Today I have no time to play because I’m

Often too busy

Dancing, trying my best at what I like and want to succeed in.

As for today I am wanting to grow up just like

Yesterday when I was young.


Tomorrow is a new day

Opening my eyes to new experiences,

Making my life mine

On my own road,

Reaching for my goals in life,

Ready for anything,

Often wondering

What would it be like if I was little again, if I would take a different path or stick to this one?

0 comments:

About Me

Subscribe to this blog!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

I LOVE MOO! Creative.

TW on FB

Quotes to consider...

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
-Albert Einstein

What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose."

-- Henry Ward Beecher

It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped. -- Anthony Robbins

We don't stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing. -- George Bernard Shaw

An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered. -- GK Chesterton


The creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

For most of history, Anonymous was a woman. -- Virginia Woolf

A friend is someone who will help you move. A real friend is someone who will help you move a body. -- anon

The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. -- Paul Fix

For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry. For beautiful hair, let a child run his fingers through it once a day. For poise, walk with the knowledge you’ll never walk alone … The best thing to hold onto in life is each other. ~Audry Hepburn

I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it. -- Thomas Jefferson