Sunday, May 10, 2009
Mother's Day seems like a good enough place to start, keep up, and them may be possibly back track a bit and catch up. It's hard though... 4 big trips in the last month, company x2, and a move looming ahead in, oh, 50 days. Ouch. May be it's better if I don't count the days. Not enough time.

This Mother's Day was special because my mother was actually here - on her last day before her return to the states.

Arianna announced several days ago that for mother's day, I had to sleep in. She was quite emphatic about this. So, all three little girls got up early, helped Kirk cook breakfast, and insisted that grandma and I be allowed to sleep. They were even quiet. Until 9 when Arianna loudly and triumphantly stomped into my room with an exuberant "Happy Mother's Day" shout that could probably be heard for miles. Ok, ok, I'm awake now.

We had a delicious breakfast and a lazy morning - lazy for most. Kirk was busy making a hammock for Felicity - Arianna's American girl doll who just so happened to be having a birthday on the same day. It kept the littles happy and quiet as they completely trashed the entire living room all in the name of "decorating for Felicity's party."

In the afternoon we went to Immendorf to one of my favorite cafes where we sat and relaxed while the kids played. They all got ice cream. Mom and I split a strawberry cake baked in the shape of a heart for just this occasion.

We wrapped up the evening in quiet, Kirk and mom visiting while I frosted cupcakes for Elise's birthday. It was a day without a lot of pomp, but I appreciated the quiet, relaxing pace - a stark contrast to the last month and something I sorely needed. Now I'm in full speed ahead. Next time for rest, may be in 60 days or so.

0 comments:

About Me

Subscribe to this blog!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

I LOVE MOO! Creative.

TW on FB

Quotes to consider...

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
-Albert Einstein

What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose."

-- Henry Ward Beecher

It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped. -- Anthony Robbins

We don't stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing. -- George Bernard Shaw

An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered. -- GK Chesterton


The creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

For most of history, Anonymous was a woman. -- Virginia Woolf

A friend is someone who will help you move. A real friend is someone who will help you move a body. -- anon

The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. -- Paul Fix

For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry. For beautiful hair, let a child run his fingers through it once a day. For poise, walk with the knowledge you’ll never walk alone … The best thing to hold onto in life is each other. ~Audry Hepburn

I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it. -- Thomas Jefferson