Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Today I did two strange things.

First, I went to an hour-long fat-burning aerobics class on the base. This may not seem strange to you, but I am a girl who does not like sweat. I will ski. I will swim. I will even dance at a carnival party. But, I do not exercize. Nope. Not for me. I love the idea of being athletic, but just can never seem to get the shoes on. But, I was coerced by a dear Spanish friend to go to this class with her (but did she show up? No, but another Spanish friend came)... so I went and though I was ready to crawl to the local bakery after the first 10 minutes, I actually made it through the class and had... fun. Was it me who just said that? Strange. Doesn't sound like me. Did I actually tell the instructor that I'd be back on Monday? Yep... I think I did. So, this may be the start of something, possibly. It could be a whole new me - one who wears blue. That was the other odd thing... I wore a blue shirt today. That's almost stranger than sweat.

Anyway... on a high from successfully completing an entire hour of exercize, I savored a lunch that was absolutely perfect and decided that I live in the most amazing deli. Seriously. In the states, you can get most anything if you shop around, but here, it's so easy. I had a thick slice of a dark nutty German bread, generously drizzled with the Italian olive oil that Kirk brought back from Sicily, then topped with Spanish grown tomatoes, and a bit of creamy Greek feta cheese. Hmmmm. Simple, delicious, healthy, flavorful. And eating post work-out takes away the guilt factor from eating my oh-so-perfect lunch... that in and of itself could be incentive to go back.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello TDY Widow. I wanted to say your comment on education interested me. I am your mother's cousin and I am a teacher. I see students everyday who cannot be bothered by dictionaries. One day we will be illiterate because we won't be able to read our children's texting. A bit scary I think.

About Me

Subscribe to this blog!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

I LOVE MOO! Creative.

TW on FB

Quotes to consider...

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
-Albert Einstein

What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose."

-- Henry Ward Beecher

It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped. -- Anthony Robbins

We don't stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing. -- George Bernard Shaw

An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered. -- GK Chesterton


The creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

For most of history, Anonymous was a woman. -- Virginia Woolf

A friend is someone who will help you move. A real friend is someone who will help you move a body. -- anon

The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. -- Paul Fix

For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry. For beautiful hair, let a child run his fingers through it once a day. For poise, walk with the knowledge you’ll never walk alone … The best thing to hold onto in life is each other. ~Audry Hepburn

I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it. -- Thomas Jefferson