Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Yesterday I had to take 5 minutes in the car outside my favorite coffee shop to collect myself before going in. Logan had an appointment to be fixed. I thought I'd just drop her off and go, but they asked me to stay with her to calm her after they gave her a shot to relax her. So I stayed with her as she got limp, laid down, and barely held her eyes open to look up at me. They lifted her to the table then and I stayed with her while they shaved a bit of her leg, put in her IV, then shaved a large portion of her stomach. She was awake - aware, just unable to move. Killed me. They told me I could go and as I left, Logan lifted her heavy head, turned, and looked at me as I walked away. She's a dog. I'm really in trouble if my kids are ever really sick. Stupid me had to pause and look from the cracked door as they carried her out of that room and towards the operating room. She saw me too and turned to see me as they passed by.

That afternoon I picked her up. She was weak and obviously still drugged. Her tail didn't wag. She didn't make a sound. Seemed so ghostly. Walked crooked. Threw up some horrid bright yellow. Grossness. Tiara and I worried and stressed over her all night. She wouldn't keep water down. Nothing stayed down.

I've never been so happy to see a tail wag - by this morning, she was almost normal! Wagging tail and tiny moans. She's on an antibiotic and pain meds for over a week. Once she had food in her stomach, she was back to normal.

But... if you've seen Up, it's hard not to laugh now at our silly puppy with her "cone of shame." Poor thing was a mess the first day bumping into everything and getting stuck not knowing to back out. She isn't too much better now, but just pushes herself through. A miracle she's only gone through 2 cones this week.

0 comments:

About Me

Subscribe to this blog!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

I LOVE MOO! Creative.

TW on FB

Quotes to consider...

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
-Albert Einstein

What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose."

-- Henry Ward Beecher

It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped. -- Anthony Robbins

We don't stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing. -- George Bernard Shaw

An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered. -- GK Chesterton


The creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

For most of history, Anonymous was a woman. -- Virginia Woolf

A friend is someone who will help you move. A real friend is someone who will help you move a body. -- anon

The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. -- Paul Fix

For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry. For beautiful hair, let a child run his fingers through it once a day. For poise, walk with the knowledge you’ll never walk alone … The best thing to hold onto in life is each other. ~Audry Hepburn

I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it. -- Thomas Jefferson