Tuesday, November 02, 2010
Because you never seen the same thing exactly the same way.  Or at least I don't.  My camera dictates the size of my purse and it is my faithful companion keeping me busy in even the dullest moments.

Today wasn't dull.  Today I was on a mission to help Angie shop.  Well, I didn't say it was a difficult mission. 

And it was a bit fun because I was guided not only by shopping, but by food.  We headed first to my favorite Bar Cafe Mundo for a calamari sandwich and a cafe con leche, the perfect mid-morning snack if you're living in Spain.  Sandwiches aren't proper lunch food.  They are only snack food. 

Saw these two guys on horseback being quite smiley. Too bad the sun was in a bad place.  I've only seen police on horseback in the gardens here and they seemed just as entertained by me as I was by them.

Took a long leisurely walk to the Turia after our snack to find the mall with three Desigual shops, one of my favorite Spanish brands.  The mall actually only has two.  One is a double-wide store, so counts as two spaces.  Both are fantastic and full and so horribly tempting, but I did escape with only a few Christmas gifts for the girls and nothing for me because everything that I wanted was a bit too much.

Walked around the Valencia's City of Arts and Sciences for the umpteenth time which is ok, because like the Eiffel tower, it absolutely never loses it's charm or awe-power.  Anyone with any imagination of love for the camera could spend days there staring at it and imagining it at all sorts of different angles and in different lighting.  The buildings are astounding.


It's amazing how quickly a day can fly just walking and soaking up sun and beauty.  Snapped this window walking back towards the train station.  It's typical here to have a window behind the bar so that people can walk up to the outside of the cafe and grab something quick or stand there right on the sidewalk and have a coffee there.  There's seating inside as well, but people seem to like this.

Our day ended with ice cream at my favorite little place near the train station serving home made ice cream nearly all year round. 

0 comments:

About Me

Subscribe to this blog!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

I LOVE MOO! Creative.

TW on FB

Quotes to consider...

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
-Albert Einstein

What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose."

-- Henry Ward Beecher

It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped. -- Anthony Robbins

We don't stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing. -- George Bernard Shaw

An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered. -- GK Chesterton


The creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

For most of history, Anonymous was a woman. -- Virginia Woolf

A friend is someone who will help you move. A real friend is someone who will help you move a body. -- anon

The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. -- Paul Fix

For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry. For beautiful hair, let a child run his fingers through it once a day. For poise, walk with the knowledge you’ll never walk alone … The best thing to hold onto in life is each other. ~Audry Hepburn

I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it. -- Thomas Jefferson