Tuesday, December 12, 2006
I would like to be relaxing with a cup of tea and finishing up the blogs of last week with cute pictures of the kids with Santa, but instead I am in full mother mode with Elise on my lap at 10pm since she's apparently inherited my night-owl gene and would prefer not to sleep. I know that if I cuddle with her, she'll fall asleep, but then, so would I and that defeats the whole night-owl thing that I so love.

There is a certain insane satisfaction in filling up my outlook express calendar. I thrive on back-to-back activities and love knowing that my day is jam packed with stuff to do. This week has been full throttle with a lot of stuff to accomplish and no decent block of time left to squeeze anything else in. I love that. But today I was horribly tired and decided, for once, to shift some stuff around and give myself the morning off. I laid on the couch, put on a movie, and pretended not to know that Elise found the candy in the snack basket (it's put up, but she knows how to scoot chairs and climb), so I had a couple hours rest. Good thing. Tiara's got da pox.

I arrived at the school for a yearbook meeting and saw a bunch of Tiara's friends walking past. "Tiara's sick." Ahhh... so I found my drooping daughter at the other end of the school with her friend who looked equally ill. They were troopers through the meeting, but Tiara was shivering by the end and then I noticed the spots. By bedtime tonight the spots had increased and the itching intolerable. We'll see how this goes. I've never had the chicken pox, nor have her sisters. We've all had the vaccine... but, obviously, that isn't a guarantee for pox-free living.

Kirk arrives home tomorrow after a week long "work" trip in Lincoln, England. So the question is, how many spotty females will he come home to? Should be interesting.

0 comments:

About Me

Subscribe to this blog!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

I LOVE MOO! Creative.

TW on FB

Blog Archive

Quotes to consider...

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
-Albert Einstein

What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose."

-- Henry Ward Beecher

It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped. -- Anthony Robbins

We don't stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing. -- George Bernard Shaw

An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered. -- GK Chesterton


The creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

For most of history, Anonymous was a woman. -- Virginia Woolf

A friend is someone who will help you move. A real friend is someone who will help you move a body. -- anon

The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. -- Paul Fix

For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry. For beautiful hair, let a child run his fingers through it once a day. For poise, walk with the knowledge you’ll never walk alone … The best thing to hold onto in life is each other. ~Audry Hepburn

I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it. -- Thomas Jefferson