Saturday, April 28, 2007
... is driving around with a camera within reach.
This morning I accidentally left my camera at Noemi's, so in the next couple errands that followed I absolutely felt that I was missing an appendage. It was horrible... so many pretty things and no camera. So when I picked it up at 4, I tortured my kids by stopping every few minutes, jumping out of the car or rolling down the windows, and snapping a few photos.
So, here are some photos of the area where I live and things I see every day... nothing special, really, for the area, but I am so enjoying spring. Everything is beautiful. The flowers are at their fullest, and the horses are all out now and as regal as ever. Last year I seemed to notice more traditional horses with the long sleek bodies. This year the majority are work horses - magnificently muscled, thick, with gorgeous long hair at their ankles like the Clydesdales. They are so people oriented too - like the local cows, that if you walk up to the fence - or even park your car nearby - they will walk right up to you looking for a treat.



Photographs: Schloss Zwiebruggen - a small castle with large stables sitting out on it's own in a tiny village about 10 minutes from my house. A row-house in Ubach-Palenberg with a beautiful row of wisteria in bloom across it. A horse in Niederheid. Clematis in the parking lot by Arianna's kindergarten. Two ladybugs - one is black with red spots. A boy watching the train go by... the light was flashing bright red. He hopped down and ran off as soon as the train was gone. Horses in Gillrath - the sun was behind them, so I couldn't get a good photo of them,

but they are my favorites around here and they are very friendly. I got nettles for this photo walking into the tall grass near the fence.
This morning I accidentally left my camera at Noemi's, so in the next couple errands that followed I absolutely felt that I was missing an appendage. It was horrible... so many pretty things and no camera. So when I picked it up at 4, I tortured my kids by stopping every few minutes, jumping out of the car or rolling down the windows, and snapping a few photos.
So, here are some photos of the area where I live and things I see every day... nothing special, really, for the area, but I am so enjoying spring. Everything is beautiful. The flowers are at their fullest, and the horses are all out now and as regal as ever. Last year I seemed to notice more traditional horses with the long sleek bodies. This year the majority are work horses - magnificently muscled, thick, with gorgeous long hair at their ankles like the Clydesdales. They are so people oriented too - like the local cows, that if you walk up to the fence - or even park your car nearby - they will walk right up to you looking for a treat.
Photographs: Schloss Zwiebruggen - a small castle with large stables sitting out on it's own in a tiny village about 10 minutes from my house. A row-house in Ubach-Palenberg with a beautiful row of wisteria in bloom across it. A horse in Niederheid. Clematis in the parking lot by Arianna's kindergarten. Two ladybugs - one is black with red spots. A boy watching the train go by... the light was flashing bright red. He hopped down and ran off as soon as the train was gone. Horses in Gillrath - the sun was behind them, so I couldn't get a good photo of them,
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Unknown
Subscribe to this blog!
TW on FB
Quotes to consider...
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
-Albert Einstein
What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose."
-- Henry Ward Beecher
It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped. -- Anthony Robbins
We don't stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing. -- George Bernard Shaw
An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered. -- GK Chesterton
The creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
For most of history, Anonymous was a woman. -- Virginia Woolf
A friend is someone who will help you move. A real friend is someone who will help you move a body. -- anon
The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. -- Paul Fix
For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry. For beautiful hair, let a child run his fingers through it once a day. For poise, walk with the knowledge you’ll never walk alone … The best thing to hold onto in life is each other. ~Audry Hepburn
I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it. -- Thomas Jefferson
-Albert Einstein
What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose."
-- Henry Ward Beecher
It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped. -- Anthony Robbins
We don't stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing. -- George Bernard Shaw
An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered. -- GK Chesterton
The creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
For most of history, Anonymous was a woman. -- Virginia Woolf
A friend is someone who will help you move. A real friend is someone who will help you move a body. -- anon
The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. -- Paul Fix
For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry. For beautiful hair, let a child run his fingers through it once a day. For poise, walk with the knowledge you’ll never walk alone … The best thing to hold onto in life is each other. ~Audry Hepburn
I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it. -- Thomas Jefferson
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Labels
- animals (1)
- antique (7)
- Aragon (1)
- Books (1)
- carnival (13)
- castle (12)
- Churches (1)
- Comunidad Valenciana (21)
- contest (1)
- culture - Other (1)
- Culture Canadian (1)
- Culture Dutch (4)
- Culture German (60)
- Culture Greek (1)
- Culture Italian (9)
- Culture Norwegian (1)
- Culture Portuguese (1)
- Culture Romanian (3)
- Culture Spanish (46)
- Culture Turkish (5)
- Drive By Shootings (1)
- fallas (8)
- Family (10)
- food (55)
- grantourismo (1)
- Halloween (1)
- holidays (1)
- HomeAway (1)
- kids (141)
- Life In Germany (543)
- Life in Spain (343)
- Market (9)
- military (4)
- Netherlands South Limburg (18)
- oceanografic (1)
- Pets (7)
- Photos Mostly (39)
- quotes (10)
- Randomness (15)
- recipe (50)
- Something Strange (9)
- Travel - Germany (3)
- Travel - Hungary (2)
- Travel - Portugal (7)
- Travel - USA (14)
- Travel Austria (5)
- Travel Beach (9)
- Travel Belgium (9)
- Travel France (16)
- Travel Luxembourg (1)
- Travel Netherlands (6)
- Travel Spain (26)
- Valencia (35)
0 comments: