Sunday, May 02, 2010
Today I had Pooh Bear running through my head while smelling the fumes of acrylic as mom got her nails done.

"And the rain, rain, rain came down, down, down..."

It would not have surprised me if Piglet had floated by in one of Pooh's honey pots.  The rain was coming down in torrents.  So loudly that between it, the hairdryer behind me, and the little white mask that protected Cynthia from the fumes that intoxicated us, I was really struggling to hear her questions and reply in anything remotely coherant.  She loves to talk.  We must be boring customers.  Hard to be overly chatty without the proper vocabulary and comfort level.

Got my toes done making my Italian manicurist laugh when irreverant me compared my feet scrapings to Parmisano Reggiano.  Will go back, but am hoping that one of these days, they will get a proper pedicure chair.  I think I just got a workout holding my leg up for so long while sitting up in the hairdressers chair.  So very not relaxing.

Fortunately finished at an interval void of precipitation so we only had to slosh through the puddles to our coffee shop and find comfort in the usual cafe con leche and "manzana" which is not a healthy apple as the name suggests, but a really yummy nut topped apple pastry.

Gave the lemon bar recipe to them - written out in my not-quite-perfect, but fairly readable Spanish and got the verbal "how-to" for the "tartufo" that I love so much.  This, of course, led to the discussion of cream and how it is nearly impossible if not completely impossible to actually buy fresh cream here.  In fact, some customers have questioned his pastries (oh, they are heavenly) because he gets fresh cream and the locals are so used to the over-pasteurized flavor, that they think that the fresh is actually spoiled.  

Humph.  So he gets fresh cream.  I wonder if I could get just a little.  I don't even like the flavor of the pasteurized stuff in my coffee.  Gross.

0 comments:

About Me

Subscribe to this blog!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

I LOVE MOO! Creative.

TW on FB

Quotes to consider...

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
-Albert Einstein

What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose."

-- Henry Ward Beecher

It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped. -- Anthony Robbins

We don't stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing. -- George Bernard Shaw

An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered. -- GK Chesterton


The creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

For most of history, Anonymous was a woman. -- Virginia Woolf

A friend is someone who will help you move. A real friend is someone who will help you move a body. -- anon

The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. -- Paul Fix

For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry. For beautiful hair, let a child run his fingers through it once a day. For poise, walk with the knowledge you’ll never walk alone … The best thing to hold onto in life is each other. ~Audry Hepburn

I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it. -- Thomas Jefferson