Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Ahhh. I've found my beach. Just 25 minutes from my house in a nice village with a long boardwalk with small vendors that set up each evening selling ice cream and imported clothing and jewelry. The beach and it's boardwalk seem to stretch out forever, long and wide with silky soft sand and aqua water shallow enough to wade out into as far in as the dunes are away - it's wonderful. Gentle waves with no undertow. Lifeguards. People in all shapes, sizes, and colors playing paddle ball, jumping in the waves, reading in lawn chairs, and walking. I've never seen so many people just walking the beach. I am a beach walker. Sitting still has never appealed to me, and here, I will not be alone. As I watched the girls play, I saw in the constant flow of people obscuring the view from my lens, many people walk by once, then return, and some even walk back and forth several times in the time we were there.

Topless is the norm. And while I cannot imagine the pain of a sunburn, well, there. I also am learning to just not notice, or not be bothered. It's just normal here. So there they are. Bouncing, hanging, swaying as the ladies walk. Brown, white, red. And though I don't think it's particularly attractive, eh, it's their country and if my little ones have noticed, they must not care. No, I won't acclimate here quite that much.

So far Luci and I have been disappointed by the scarcity of shells, but we were able to find a handful. Jut a handful, but that was enough to console us, the beach combers of the family. Leaving a beach without a shells is like returning from a trip without a single photo.

Not to leave without a bit of "strange" - not that the beach attire wasn't strange enough - we returned to our car parked just in front of a stage now congested with an ecclectic assortment of sweaty people wearing some sort of shoe elevated from the ground on a bouncy oval. Aerobics in funny shoes. Sweat, the handful of awkward ladies who were clearly lost, the girls who couldn't concentrate with their tongue in their mouth, and the instructor wearing a thong under the ill chosen white yogi (not yoga) pants clinging damply.

We watched that for a good 10 minutes before driving away, then laughed hysterically later at the photos I took... the facial expressions and the women who really needed more support. :)

Loving Spain.

PHOTOS: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=131455&id=674507268&l=646d88e2b5

0 comments:

About Me

Subscribe to this blog!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

I LOVE MOO! Creative.

TW on FB

Quotes to consider...

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
-Albert Einstein

What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose."

-- Henry Ward Beecher

It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped. -- Anthony Robbins

We don't stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing. -- George Bernard Shaw

An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered. -- GK Chesterton


The creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

For most of history, Anonymous was a woman. -- Virginia Woolf

A friend is someone who will help you move. A real friend is someone who will help you move a body. -- anon

The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. -- Paul Fix

For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry. For beautiful hair, let a child run his fingers through it once a day. For poise, walk with the knowledge you’ll never walk alone … The best thing to hold onto in life is each other. ~Audry Hepburn

I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it. -- Thomas Jefferson