Wednesday, March 03, 2010
Luci didn't want to be in this play from the very beginning because it's a "Bif, Chip, and Kipper" play (a popular British early reader series) and to her, the books are babyish, but I pushed her and told her that it would be good for her.  

Bif, Chip, Kipper, and Floppy found a magic key that took them to 4 different kingdoms and each of the 4 year 3 classes became these kingdoms with narration, acting, song, and dance.  Luci and her best friend, Liza, were both trees.  They both had lines to narrate in both English and Spanish and they both did great, then danced to "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" with the rest of their rain forest friends.

It was a little hard to follow the story because half the children weren't audible and the other half spoke their lines very much like the Simpson's Apu with such strong accents that it was barely intelligible, but still, they all had poise, delivered their lines, and not one student faltered or stumbled over the words.  

We finished the afternoon with a chaotic scene of noise and pushing through the hallway (imagine the seasonal salmon run up the river and you'll be pretty close) with all the other parents, grandparents, and siblings trying to get to the classroom and pick up Luci so that we could enjoy the refreshments in the dining hall - the standard coffee and pound cake which weren't quite enough to dull the "swim" induced headache.  All three little girls ran off to play with friends which made me immensely happy to see them being social.   I met a new mom, the mother of Elise's friend who also lives in our neighborhood which will make play dates possible and my Elise extremely happy.

Oh... and while I'm bragging, my Elise who was in an extra program to help her out (she was slightly behind with this curriculum at the beginning of the year), is now being taken out of that program since her test scores are now some of the highest in the class!  Yeah, Elise!!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

You can tell I'm tired. Apparently, I've renamed my fourth born "my Elise." But, again, tired, so going back to edit is just not happening. I do like her. Just a little. ;)

About Me

Subscribe to this blog!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

I LOVE MOO! Creative.

TW on FB

Quotes to consider...

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
-Albert Einstein

What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose."

-- Henry Ward Beecher

It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped. -- Anthony Robbins

We don't stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing. -- George Bernard Shaw

An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered. -- GK Chesterton


The creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

For most of history, Anonymous was a woman. -- Virginia Woolf

A friend is someone who will help you move. A real friend is someone who will help you move a body. -- anon

The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. -- Paul Fix

For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry. For beautiful hair, let a child run his fingers through it once a day. For poise, walk with the knowledge you’ll never walk alone … The best thing to hold onto in life is each other. ~Audry Hepburn

I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it. -- Thomas Jefferson